The Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida:
Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida is a private, nonprofit organization that collects and distributes donated food to more than 500 nonprofit partner agencies in six Central Florida counties: Brevard, Lake, Orange, Osceola, Seminole and Volusia.
Is Hunger really a problem in Central Florida?
- Yes, last year we distributed more than 33 million pounds of grocery product, the equivalent of more than 21 million meals.
- Approximately 1 in 5 of our population—732,000 people—needed food assistance in Central Florida last year.
- On average, more than 55,000 different people receive assistance from SHFBCF each week
Where does the money go?
Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida puts all donations to work through a variety of programs including:
- Collection & Distribution of Food
- Food Stamp application assistance
- Childhood Hunger - Hi-Five Kids Pack, Kid’s Café
- Second Helpings – Prepared and Perishable Food
- Fresh Produce
- Disaster Relief
For every $1 donated, up to $9 worth of grocery product is provided to those in need, and 96% of every dollar goes straight to feeding people.
How does this benefit Central Floridians?
- 47% of clients served are children.
- 20% of the households served have at least one member age 65 or older.
- 33% of households served have at least one working adult.
Click here to see upcoming events benefiting the Second Harvest Food Bank.
Check out the basket they are donating to raffle:
-3 day/2 night stay in a 2-bedroom villa at any Westgate Resort (excluding Westgate south beach)
-25 gift card for Elephant Bar
-2 GA Wine Women & Shoes Tickets (we don’t have our date set yet for next year.. working on a venue this month)
-Pair of stemless wine glasses (with second harvest and Wine Women & Shoes logo)
-Second Harvest Food Bank T-shirt